Same as the original Sentence Key with 91 new sentences and animated pictures.
Beginning language learners create a sentence with words or picture symbols, then see the sentence animated!
Suitable for special education needs including AAC users and learners with autism, orthopedic impairment, or language disorders.
· Select four symbols or words to "write" a sentence.
· 91 possible animated sentences re chores.
· Text and speech in correct grammatical form
· Touch the text below the animation to replay and hear it again.
· Word-by-word highlighting promotes word recognition.
· Choices are color-coded (Yellow-subject, Green-verb, Orange-object)
· User-friendly: no in-app purchases, ads or links.
· Show symbols only, words only, or both.
· Reset and review data for an individual session.
· Choose from 8 pre-arranged sets or change/delete specific symbols/words.
· Automate change to a new set of symbols/words after 5/10/15/20 sentences.
· Match mode where the learner describes a random picture.
The object is to select the four most meaningful components of a sentence which follows the structure WHO IS DOING WHAT. Successful completion of a possible sentence is rewarded by a short animation combined with the spoken sentence. The learner is able to explore choices until successful. Stars can be earned when a sentence is made with no wrong choices.
Sentence Key supports the common core standards in Language Arts.
· Writing: Use a combination of drawing, dictating and writing to compose informative text.
· Reading, Foundational Skills: Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of text.
· Language: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar.
· Reading Informational Text: Describe the relationship between illustrations and the text in which they appear.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC.
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.