The green Cascais app is intended to help promote and make it easy for the visitor to use the vast environmental offer of the Cascais Council. Through recourse to image and text, the App allows the public to get to know what is available and the specific features of each, as well as also providing information on how to make the best use of what there is by highlighting the points of interest, events and self-guided routes.
- Allows the user to search for events taking place in Cascais, specially as regards the environment and outdoor activities;
- Though recourse to a map it is possible to search for specific points of interest divided into various categories (parks and gardens, interpretation centres, beaches, among others) and obtain pertinent information on each one, such as location, description and opening hours;
- Using the GPS available on the Smartphone, the App allows you to follow pedestrian routes and tracks suggested via the map and navigational information;
- Using the GPS on the Smartphone, the APP allows the visitor to identify the points of interest nearest to them;
- The App also provides the visitor with important contact information;
- The version for Tablets also provides extra content on the landscape, geology and geomorphology, fauna and flora in Cascais Council.