Popwifi is the world’s shared Wi-Fi community, combining free Internet access and a fun way to chat with people who go to the same places as you.
There are millions of Popwifi places all over the US - and soon millions more around the world - including hundreds of thousands of large stores and many small, independent businesses and public buildings. All of these places share Wi-Fi, and Popwifi will usually connect you there automatically and help you access their services.
• Popwifi connects you to Wi-Fi automatically at many public places, saving you the effort of looking for Wi-Fi and using those annoying login screens.
• You get better smartphone service -- particularly indoors or while traveling -- without eating into your data plan.
• Engage with other people using the Popwifi Wall, a virtual guest book for each location.
• Read and leave comments, questions and suggestions.
• Activate Walls anywhere you access Wi-Fi, make them public for people in the neighborhood to see, or keep them private for your friends, family, colleagues, or team.
• Popwifi is super easy to use: no registration, no searching for Wi-Fi, no hassle with login screens.
• Be who you want to be. Choose any user name you want, and change it as often as you wish.
• Be as private as you like. Popwifi won't share your various usernames, usage, or favorite places.
• Find other Popwifi locations around you with the "Nearby" map.
• Mark your favorite places and follow activity there no matter where you are.
• Check out the buzz in a neighborhood.
Although Popwifi logs you in automatically, you’ll first need to teach your device to join Wi-Fi at each Popwifi place. It's easy: open your Settings, then tap Wi-Fi and look for networks with “Popwifi” underneath their name. You only need to do this once for each Wi-Fi network. For more info, check the FAQ.
Feedback is important to us and we need it to make the app better for you. Please rate the app if you like it. Have fun!