Learn advanced laparoscopy with this interactive application, with instructional videos where the user can analyze in detail and in high definition the laparoscopic techniques necessary to perform complex procedures.
This app contains 2 instructional modules:
• Laparoscopic Techniques, where you will learn:
o Needle handling
o Tissue Stitching
o Anterior Loop (when tying the suture knot)
o Backwards Loop (when tying the suture knot)
o Enterotomies and the use of ultrasonic devices
• Training Module which is composed of 16 guided sessions (including evaluations), and a complete walkthrough the advanced laparoscopic training program Each session should be studied in conjunction with the techniques module depending on the techniques required for each task. The training method is divided in the following manner:
o Sessions1 - 14
This iOS application attempts to fulfill the following objectives:
1. Teach in detail the technique for intracorporeal suturing used widely in our institution.
2. Familiarize any resident or surgeon with advanced laparoscopic techniques.
3. Standardize a technique for residents to learn.
4. To become a complementary teaching tool for the Laparoscopic Training
Curricula published for learning advanced laparoscopic skills.