If you are a dairy farmer using a seasonal or split calving system who wants to take greater control of your herd’s feeding and nutrition, then this app is for you.
Use it to get a standardised measure of your cows’ body energy and protein reserves at critical times during their lactation cycle, and assess your herd’s:
• previous level of feeding
• likely future production and fertility
• future feed requirements
Designed in consultation with dairy farmers and nutrition advisors, this is a must-have app for measuring and managing body condition score.
Stay in control of herd nutrition with the Dairy Australia Body Condition Scoring Tool.
- Can be used for multiple farms and cow groups. Very flexible, can be used on all farms by farmers and advisors.
- Designed for use at the most important stages of the annual lactation cycle. Enables you to assess previous level of feeding and plan ahead at key times.
- Simple 2 step “hands off” scoring method. Only takes seconds to score each cow.
- Large graphics and photos provided for each score. Users can score groups of cows accurately and consistently.
- Choice of 3 scoring methods to suit beginners, intermediate and advanced users. You can use the method you are comfortable with, and change method as you gain proficiency
- Herd results provided instantly after each scoring event, with suggested actions to consider. You can immediately consider results and decide what actions you wish to take.
- Ability to enter your own comments with results of each scoring event. These comments are stored for future reference.
- Results summary is emailed to you and anyone else you wish for your records. Provides a permanent record stored elsewhere in case you lose your smartphone.
- Automatic reminder for when next scoring event is due (optional). Saves you from having to remember when each cow group should next be scored.
- Notes on key aspects of body condition scoring. Provides important information to help you get the most value from body condition scoring.