CameraGPS allows you to record GPS trails and geotag your photos right on your iPhone or iPad.
You can also export your trails directly to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Google Drive or other "document providers" in the industry standard GPX format. From there you can easily import them into any supported application -- such as Aperture or LightRoom -- and geotag your photos if you prefer to do it there.
While designed to have a clean and uncluttered interface, it does not lack the features you need:
- Record and geotag images right inside the app
- Export GPX files directly to any cloud drive service that supports iOS 8's "document provider" extension, including Dropbox, Google Drive and iCloud Drive
- GPX files are usable on most operating systems, including Macintosh, Windows and Linux, and can be used by pretty much every application that supports geotagging
- Simple presets to get the best compromise between battery life and accuracy or you can create your own configuration
- Highlights suspect track points and allows you to delete them
- Runs in the background
- Warns when low on battery power
- Recording works fine without a data connection
- Syncs between devices using iCloud
- Optimised for iOS 8
In short, it's the perfect solution if you want a GPS logger that just gets the job done with the minimum of fuss.
Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We recommend that you switch off "data roaming" if you're travelling abroad and wish to avoid excess fees.
GPS recording works best when outside with a clear view of the sky. Weather conditions, foliage and, especially, being indoors can adversely affect accuracy.
Finally, please remember that we can't respond to feedback provided in App Store reviews. If you have a problem or question please use the support button in the About screen or the support link on our website.