sabdam is a multi-lingual search engine focused on the non-English, non-Latin Web.
It provides users a tool to query non-English content without the need for custom keyboards and complex transliteration inputs. At the core of sabdam is a Universal Phonetic Transcription Engine that understands and applies rules and semantics unique to each language. Keywords are automatically transcribed using phonetic spellings in English, so there is no need to learn custom key combinations.
Currently supported languages and scripts at sabdam:
• Indian: Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
• Arabic (Semitic): Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, Kurdish, Pashto, Urdu
• Russian (Cyrillic): Russian, Abkhaz, Bulgarian, Kazakh, Serbian, Ukrainian
• CJK: Mandarin, Cantonese, Katakana, Hiragana, Korean
• Eastern: Thai, Myanmar, Tibetan, Simhalese
• Other: Greek, Armenian, Georgian