Designed to help you understand molecules in an accessible and effective way!
Lewis Dot CHEMISTRY is the ultimate reference tool for chemistry students learning about Lewis dots. It has almost 100 molecules and their Lewis dot structures available for reference in the app. Easily compare Lewis dot structures for homework or practice with ours. All of our molecules are fact-checked by our local chemist, and include explanations for why the Lewis dot structures are the way they are.
Each Lewis dot has:
• Picture of the Lewis dot
• Explanation of the Lewis dot
• Explicit vs Implicit Images (where applicable)
• Resonance Images (where applicable)
• Charges (where applicable)
• State at STP
• Molar mass
• Melting Point
• Boiling Point
• Number of Bonds
• Number of Lone Pairs
• Fun Fact
• BONUS: Many of the molecules now come with a fire diamond!
There is also a comprehensive, interactive, and colorful periodic table, which gives information on all of the elements.
• Students and teachers can now submit their own Lewis dots to us! Pending review, we will include the Lewis dot and give credit to you in the app!
• There are now definitions to explain to students what the fire diamond, molar mass, lone pairs, valence electrons, etc are.
• There are lewis dot and periodic table rules to explain to students exactly how to make a lewis dot.