Yomiwa is an easy offline way to translate Japanese with your camera. The app displays a pop up with English translations of single kanjis and words as soon as you point to Japanese characters with your iPhone or iPad. You can as well take a picture or pick one from your camera roll and navigate it to translate chosen characters. Yomiwa also lets you recognize Japanese characters by drawing them on your screen.
Tips / Features :
- Use the built in-dictionary, with either the traditional keyboard or by handwriting Japanese characters. You do not need to respect the stroke order!
- Draw characters on the full screen to recognize them and get meanings in English. French, German and Spanish dictionaries also available!
($ / One week free trial)
- Translate Japanese characters in real-time with your camera
- Freeze the camera frame and navigate through the picture by dragging the cursor
- Translate Japanese Kanjis and words from your camera roll pictures
Video visible on the link below (developer website).
Feedback and suggestions are very welcome : firstname.lastname@example.org