Playing it Safe: Road Safety is a fun way of learning about staying safe on the roads.
Choose your character and then look after them as they explore the world.
Help them choose the right clothes and accessories to stay safe and choose the right place and time to get them across the road in one piece.
You can also test your knowledge in a beat the clock quiz and try the addictive traffic lights game to help you learn the light sequence.
There are tips and advice for parents to make sure the kids make the connection to real life and the real-life dangers.
Funded by SWWITCH (South West Wales Integrated Transport Consortium), the app offers the choice of English or Welsh as the language.
DESQ and Redemption Media have teamed up to make the app for SWWITCH. DESQ are specialists in using media and games for learning and Redemption are App specialists.
This app helps 3 – 11 year olds learn more about road safety while playing fun mini-games.
- Choose your character – choose from 6 appealing, colourful characters
- Be Bright, Be Seen – dress your character in the right clothes and equipment for different activities.
- Safer crossing – choose the best place to cross and then wait for a safe time to cross. Remember to be patient!
- Road Ready Quiz – your character is challenging you to test your knowledge, but how many questions can you answer in a minute?
- Beat the lights – which light is next in a traffic light sequence? How quickly can you get through 10?
- Change your character – you can switch characters at any time from the main menu
- Your Trophy shelf – collect trophies for playing the games
- High scores – record your high score for each game and try and beat it next time
- Free to play, start learning and having fun now!