In this app we've gathered over 50 beloved Lullabies from countries and cultures all around the world.
Each Lullaby includes the full text in the original language, with an English translation.
Each includes recordings, some by professional musicians, but many by ordinary people who have contributed them to us, to help preserve their culture.
Most include beautiful illustrations.
Many have commentary sent to us by our correspondents who write about the history of the songs and what they meant in their lives.
If you know someone who you think the Lullaby would mean a lot to, you can email the lyrics to them from within the app.
We've included beloved favorites from all over the world like "Fais dodo, Colas mon p'tit frère (Go to Sleep, Colas My Little Brother)" from France, "Schlaf, Kindlein, schlaf (Sleep, Baby Sleep)" from Germany, and "Dodo ti pitit manman (Sleep Little Mama)" from Haiti. We've also included English language favorites like "Hush-a-bye, Baby, On the Tree Top" and "Sweet and Low".
Lullabies Around The World is produced by Mama Lisa's World, where we believe sharing our cultures will help bring the world closer together.
We hope this app will help foster a love of international Lullabies!
This app includes:
* Over 50 Lullabies from around the world
* Full text of each Lullaby in the original language
* English translations
* Recordings of every Lullaby, many by ordinary people who have contributed them
* Commentary from ordinary people about what the Lullabies have meant to their lives
* Ability to Email lyrics to friends and family
You'll find over 50 Lullabies from around the world, including:
* Chandamaama Raave (Come Sweet Moon), from India
* Thula Baba (Hush-a-Bye Little Man), from South Africa
* Taoto, pepe (Sleep Baby), from French Polynesia
* Nina Bobo (Go to Sleep, Nina), from Indonesia
* Duérmete niño (Sleep Baby), from Spain and Mexico
* Fa la ninna, fa la nanna (Go to Sleep, Got to Sleepy), from Italy
* Lullaby of Takeda, from Japan
* Señora Santana (Mrs. Santana), from Cuba
And many more!