This is the “first” iPhone/iPod app that will talk for a patient, when they can’t. This ICE application allows the owner to record a message with the most critical medical information that plays immediately upon opening or at the push of a PLAY button. That means no time is wasted looking through all of the data stored and because the owner can give Emergency Medical Services (EMS) providers instructions about their critical medical conditions or how to access the information stored in ICE app!
The app's full features include:
• Alert EMS button- dials emergency services and sets phone into Alert Mode where an intermittent alarm sounds if the patient becomes unconscious. This piercing alarm can be used to help locate the owner in a collapse situation.
• My Location button quickly finds the current location to give to EMS dispatchers.
• Audio message recorded by the patient plays on opening and contains pertinent information about his or her health.
• E-mail capability, with built-in HIPAA privacy statement. This feature eliminates the need to fill out those long forms for doctors.
• Password Protected Insurance Information with full app edit protection.
• Quickview capability provides one button access to all of the stored data for EMS providers.
• Customizable view using icons or tabs, audio or Quickview.
• Drop-down lists for hundreds of the most common medications and medical problems, which means less typing, more accuracy and easy edits.
• The first ICE applications with a built-in wallpaper feature for locked phones.
• Stores all of the information necessary to treat you in an emergency.
• Offers add-ons for maintaining up to 8 profiles for your family members and even maintaining medical information about your pet.
These apps were designed and developed by Fire/EMS/Emergency Room providers and telecommunication software specialists and are endorsed exclusively by the UK medic (Bob Brotchie) who founded the ICE concept.