This app is intended for measuring distances, areas, perimeters, and angles
from GPS and user-drawn tracks. No ads. It's professionally designed as a tool, not a toy. It's useful for various measurements, rough land and water surveying, etc.
It operates in a unique way. Instead of having to specify
individual points, you simply draw "free hand" what you'd like to measure.
Areas may be a closed region of any shape. The app has a map, satellite, and "lite" display mode that has fast pinch-zoom and drawing capability. It displays a travel track. You can combine the GPS-generated track with your own tracks in order to create various shapes to measure.
A feature is included for creating an email message with gathered data. Measurements are supported in metric and US Customary (feet, acres, etc). Comprehensive help is included. (Press the
[i] on the lower right).
Summary of features:
- Map display with road and satellite views.
- Area, length, angle measurements.
- Paths may be freely drawn; no need to connect individual lines.
- Fast and smooth Open GL view with calibrated grid. (double tap to recenter).
- Multiple tracks may be drawn and displayed.
- For convenience in the field, a compass heading display.
- Button for composing an email with gathered data.
- Quick move feature. When in draw mode, hold down the "exit draw" button and use another finger to pan the display.
- App supports portrait and landscape orientation.