Our mission at Froguts is to create fun and engaging educational lessons that promote a greater appreciation for the world around us.
Go on an adventure to find your very own owl pellets to prepare, dissect, and reassemble. Make sure to keep an eye out for the other forest creatures you might encounter that are part of the owl’s habitat.
The Froguts Owl Pellet adventure is both an educational and whimsical journey to discover what owl pellets are, where they come from, and how to dissect them. The primary learning objectives are to - Teach How:
• habitats are comprised of many creatures.
• owl pellet formation occurs within owls.
• predators and prey interact with each other.
• skeletons are made of many bones, and that they have similar names across animals.
• skeletons are put together.
• food webs move energy up to the predators.
• herbivores, insectivores, carnivores, and omnivores feed.
• owl pellets are handled, prepared, and dissected.
- includes Quiz
NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas addressed: LS2.A, LS2.B, LS4.C, LS4.A, LS4.C, LS4.D