Tennessee River Trail
Learn what Tennesseans have known for more than 200 years: Life is good on the Tennessee River. The 347-mile Tennessee River Trail will take you through charming river towns, breathtaking scenery and historic sites. Use the Tennessee River Trail app to uncover the out-of-the-way gems that many folks drive by and miss. Tailor your trail experience to your tastes. Share the journey with your friends.
• View points of interest as a list, tiles or in a map
• "Favorite" points of interest to create a custom trail itinerary
• Share points of interest on Facebook, check in to points of interest or upload a photo
• View points of interest by category and see how many points of interest are included in each category
• Filter points of interest by interest category including What's Nearby, Food & Wine, Nature & Outdoors, Attractions, Sports & Rec, Civil War, History & Heritage, Agritourism or Music & Arts.
• View "Did You Knows?" along the trail for interesting facts about the trail's points of interest
• Click on a point of interest to read a full description, view photos and find contact information
• Find events along the trail throughout the year
• Click on the trail playlist to enjoy trail-related tunes
About Tennessee River Trail
Nature lovers, history buffs and stargazers all find plenty to love about the Tennessee River Trail, a Discover Tennessee Trails & Byways initiative. The trail provides the wanderer with a new appreciation for the Tennessee River, the very heart of Tennessee outdoor life.
Stretch your legs on soil where pivotal Civil War battles were fought, or cast your line in the waters of Kentucky Lake or the Buffalo River for some of the best fishing in the country. Don’t be surprised if you have a few unforgettable wildlife encounters. The forests along the Tennessee River Trail are teeming with deer and wild turkeys. You might even catch a glimpse of a majestic bald eagle.