MassKnowtify is a location-based public alerting platform that connects you to the most pertinent, timely, and useful information from local governments based on your current geolocation.
MassKnowtify is connecting citizens to government alerts and notifications in three main contexts:
- URGENT: emergencies, police and fire activity, large scale events.
- QUALITY OF LIFE: power outages, street closures, construction activity, traffic incidents, public transit delays, public health bulletins.
- COMMUNITY SERVICES: public events, recreation programs, tourism information, public outreach campaigns.
How to use MassKnowtify and receive alerts:
- Download the app and be immediately connected to the most geographically relevant alerts wherever you travel.
- Register an account and subscribe to specific categories of alerts, which provides you an individually tailored stream of information most relevant to you.
- Select notification preferences for receiving alerts as a push notification, email, or both.
- Add a “home” location to be notified of alerts also impacting your home area, even while you’re in another location.
- Interact directly with local government agencies by sending feedback, and posting comments and questions on alerts received.
These features provide dramatically new ways for local governments to communicate directly with citizens and for communities to become more engaged and empowered. The result is a greater impact on the daily quality of life for citizens and communities everywhere.
MassKnowtify tracks GPS coordinates while the application is minimized or closed to ensure you get the most relevant alerts possible at all times. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.