7 Minute Scientific Workout timer was sparked by the popular "7 Min The Scientific 7-Minute Workout" first published in the New York Times
In short, based on leading sport medicine practitioners, they created a 7 minute exercise that was highly effective AND could be done at home.
In 12 exercises deploying only body weight, a chair and a wall, it fulfills the latest mandates for high-intensity effort, which essentially combines a long run and a visit to the weight room into about seven minutes of steady discomfort — all of it based on science.
1) Burns the most fat in the least amount of time
2) Reduces the amount of time you workout to accommodate busy schedules
3) Uses bodyweight as resistance, meaning no equipment is required other than a chair
The routine involves the following twelve exercises performed for 30 seconds each with 10-second rest/transition periods before the next move:
Step-up onto chair
Triceps dip on chair
High knees/running in place
Push-up and rotation
When the workout is performed at a high enough intensity, the routine fulfills the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) guidelines for vigorous physical activity, combining both metabolic and resistance training into one session. While the team that designed the workout admits there’s no “ideal” number of stations in a bodyweight interval circuit, the 12 they included in the sample template hit virtually every major muscle group. The 30-second intervals were included to allow for most people to perform 15 to 20 reps of each (with good form).
6 REASONS to start training:
1. Build yourself a smashing fit body - because there is no greater feeling than looking in the mirror and simply just love what you see.
2. Brag around about your toned muscles - low body fat level, noticeable muscle definition and shape, but not significant muscle size
3. Keep your heart strong and healthy - because your heart is a muscle also and it gets stronger and healthier if you live an active life.
4. A clear and beautiful glowing skin - you don't have to worry anymore about cellulite when you're half naked on the beach. No more dimply skin coming out of your swimsuit.
5. Reduce stress, anxiety and fight depression - regular training is the key for your head just as it is for your heart and will relax you, making you calmer, fighting depression and dissipate stress.
6. A happier soul and a bigger smile - you will feel that you are finally doing something for yourself.
BONUS: Improve your live life! you know exercise is good for you, but do you know how goof? It boots your energy and improves your mood and exercising regularly puts the spark back into your love life.