Reading Conferences allow elementary school (K-5) teachers to easily keep track of each students' Fountas & Pinnell reading levels and reading conferences.
We came up with the simple concept of a student "Card" that shows student data at a glance.
The cards allow teachers to quickly see:
1.The current reading levels of their students.
2.If a student is Exceeding, Meeting, Approaching or Below Standards by color coded reading levels.
3.When they met with a student for a reading conference.
4.Which students need to have a reading conference by the color coded reading conference date.
5.What the current goal of each student current is.
The Cards also allow teachers to:
1.Sort students by reading level and quickly create reading groups.
2.Sort students by when they last had a reading conference to know who needs a conference next.
3.Sort students by first or last name.
Teachers can unlock the following premium features through one In-App Purchase:
1. Print individual student or class data. An AirPrint printer is required to print from iPad.
2. Email and share class data as a PDF file.
3. Email and share student data as an HTML file.
4. Backup Reading Conferences data to Dropbox. A free Dropbox account required for backup.
Teachers can Adjust Benchmark Settings through in-App Purchase:
1. Reading Conferences defaults to Teachers College Reading Level Benchmarks.
2. Allows teachers to choose Fountas & Pinnell Instructional Level Expectation for Reading.
3. Allows teachers/schools/districts to customize grade-level goals.
*Fountas & Pinnell reading levels are a system of reading levels developed by Irene C. Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell to support their guided reading method, commonly referred to as Fountas & Pinnell.
*4BusyTeachers is in no way associated or affiliated with Fountas & Pinnell or Heinemann Publishing, a division of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.