WITH THE NUMBER SYSTEM, 1CHART IS ALL YOU NEED
Create, share and print professional-looking Nashville Number charts, with the only app specifically designed for the system.
Make your chart as straightforward or detailed as you like using 1Chart's streamlined interface and comprehensive character sets.
CHART FASTER AND SMARTER
- Take advantage of clear typography that makes your charts a quicker, easier read
- Copy and paste measures or entire sections for faster charting
- View charts in your choice of three font sizes
- Share charts as PDFs or as editable 1Chart files
QUICKLY TYPE CHORDS
- 1Chart’s Chord Keyboard makes it easy to add chords and chord qualities
- Includes support for chord inversions, as well as common and not-so-common chord qualities ("alt" chord, anyone?)
- Accidentals before or after chord numbers? 1Chart accommodates both points of view – a simple toggle switch lets you set the preference forever and forget it, or you can toggle individual charts back and forth as needed (even after they’re written) to accommodate other players’ preferences.
SUPPORT FOR RHYTHMIC NOTATION & DYNAMICS
- Add as much rhythm/dynamic detail as you need. 1Chart includes characters for pushes, diamonds, the "mute triangle," etc., as well as the traditional notes and rests used in the Number System (whole, half, quarter, 8th, 16th, and the augmentation dot).
- Use traditional notation or "hash marks" to specify beat distribution in split measures
- Select an area to mark it with a crescendo, decrescendo, ritardando or accelerando
ADVANCED RHYTHMIC NOTATION
- Beam notes above a single chord (for example, to show an eight-note feel) or across multiple chords (to show groove or beat distribution)
- Tie notes and diamonds
TOOLS TO HELP BUILD YOUR ARRANGEMENT
- Use repeat symbols, codas, segnos, etc. to streamline your arrangement
- Select an area to specify it as a 1st/2nd/etc. ending
- Separate sections with a single- or double-underline, or specify no formatting if you prefer
FINE-TUNE YOUR CHARTS' FORMAT
- Option to align measures in columns (4, 5 or 6 columns per line)
- Option to style inversions with a horizontal or diagonal dividing line
- Choose the "Minimize Horizontal Spacing" option to fit more content per line
ALL YOUR CHARTS, ALL IN ONE PLACE
- View all your 1Chart files in a sortable list, or…
- Use Notebooks to collect your charts in easy-to-manage collections, sortable by name, date or a custom sequence you define (to mirror your set list, etc.)
- Share your charts by email
- Import from and export to cloud services such as iCloud Drive, Dropbox and Google Drive. Imported files must be in 1Chart (.1ch) format.
- Share your charts in PDF or .1ch formats.
ONLINE SUPPORT & USER FORUM
Visit us at 1chartapp.com for help info and to join the user community.
ABOUT THE NASHVILLE NUMBER SYSTEM
Nashville Numbers is an ingenious shorthand system for charting music that identifies chords by number (relating to scale degree) rather than letter, so charts are key-independent. A Number chart is valid no matter what key you choose to play it in.
For example, take a blues progression spelled with the chord letters, A, D, and E. In the Number System, these three chords are written as “1, 4, 5.” The numbers match the position of the chords in the A scale: A is first, D is fourth, and E is fifth.
Because the scale relationships don't change when you change keys, the “1, 4, 5” works for any key. Change the key to G, and “1, 4, 5” indicates you’ll want to play G, C and D – the first, fourth, and fifth notes of the G major scale.
Combine this flexibility with rhythmic and dynamic notation, and you’ve got a powerful format for creating concise roadmaps of songs for use when practicing, rehearsing or performing.