This "Eye-D It" app was developed with a goal of assisting with vocabulary development. The primary purpose of "Eye-D It" is to aid in the acquisition of receptive language skills.
The "Eye-D It" series of apps are especially useful for special educators, speech-language pathologists, behavior analysts, general education teachers, English as a Second Language teachers, parents, and caregivers. In addition, individuals who are trying to learn English or improve on their English vocabulary may benefit from the use of Eye-D It:Colors and Shapes.
This Eye-D It:Colors and Shapes app has 100 targets related to various colors and shapes (32 colors, 24 common and geometric shapes, and 44 shapes in a total of five colors.
Key features of the Eye-D It:Colors and Shapes app:
· Receptive identification of a possible 100 targets
· Flexibility to limit the number of active targets
· Ability to modify the field size to contain between 2 and 10 images
· Varying levels of prompting may be selected to meet the needs of the individual learner (e.g., voice and text instructions, voice only, text only)
· Instructions may be modified to say a phrase, such as “Touch the blue,” or single-word prompts “blue” may be selected for learners who struggle with auditory processing or who need simpler instructions.
· Shapes consist of commonly recognizable shapes such as "heart" and "star", as well as geometric figures like "circle" and "square".
· User-interface designed to minimize distraction and for simplicity of use.
· Targets may be selected by class (colors, shapes, or colored shapes) or individually to provide absolute flexibility in target selection.
Eye-D It may be especially helpful to pair with teaching IEP goals developed in the public school system or by therapists in the private sector. The various prompting levels and field size will allow the app to grow with the learner as he or she gains more advanced receptive language skills.
English language only.