The first in a series of animated storybooks, Sage's Apples tells a little bit about everyone's favorite fruit. Your children will love the simple drawings and musical notes. Read aloud, or touch to hear Sage tell the story!
With my storybook apps, like Sage's Apples, I aim to create a safe, enriching, entertaining experience for children and parents. As a father, I know first-hand the frustrations of trying to navigate a “kid’s app” with my children—dodging certain buttons, buggy links, and banner ads. I hope you will find Sage's Apples to be different than the rest: simple to understand, easy to navigate, and fun to share.
Here are some of the unique features of this storybook:
• Has the familiar look of a traditional children’s book, but uses animation and sound to help tell the story.
• No ads. In fact, there are no links that will take your child out of the app, until they press the Home button.
• Arrow buttons for page turns. (My first designs were missing this feature, and my kids kept looking for the arrows!) There is also a swipe option for page turns.
• A fully interactive user interface (if your child touches any image on the page, something will happen).
• Each page transition has been animated by hand. All art is my own.
• The musical notes played with each page turn are part of an original theme song.
• A deliberate effort is made to keep each story entertaining, but not a passive activity. In other words, the book does not automatically read to your child with each page turn. Some engagement (or touch interaction) is required. Hopefully, this creates a positive, healthier, experience that is just a little bit more like a traditional book.
• Finally, each story is designed to be experiential rather than strictly educational. Haven’t we all read enough books about colors, numbers and letters? I am recording some of the fleeting, personal, moments in my children’s lives and sharing these memories with you.
I hope you enjoy!
Father, Artist and Owner, Gainey Studios