The purpose of Scriptory is to equip believers with a memory system that is effective for both memorizing new verses and for reviewing previously learned verses. This system's main purpose is so that users can retain previously learned verses for life by committing them to long-term memory.
- Add your own verses by pulling down on the table in the "Currently Learning" section
- Learn new verses
- Recall the verse given the reference and recall the reference given the verse
- Keep a daily bank of verses to review
- Keep a weekly bank of verses to review
- Keep a lifetime bank of verses to review
The key to scripture memory is not as much on how one memorizes scripture, but more on how one reviews and commits it to memory and heart. This is where Scriptory comes in. Scriptory is systematically designed off a system of scripture memory that has been proven to be very effective:
1) The verses that are currently being learned can be memorized with any technique that works best for the learner. Needless to say, these will be reviewed several times a day.
2) After a week, these verses will be reviewed daily for six weeks.
3) After six weeks, these verses will be reviewed weekly for six months.
4) After six months, they will be moved into the "Life" category, where they can be recalled anytime for review.
This gives 7-8 months of constant revision of those particular verses. While the system may sound a little confusing, Scriptory handles all of that for the user. Scriptory will automatically keep track of where each verse is and move it along the sequence as new verses are added each week.There is a tab for each step along the sequence so they can be easily distinguished and the user is directed of how many need to be reviewed each day so all the goals are met.
Not only does Scriptory give the user a great experience of memorizing and reviewing scripture, there is also an in app purchase that allows Scriptory to go even further by reminding the user to review their verses at a time they decide is best for them.
Scriptory is an effective way to not only memorize scripture, but also review over verses that you've already mastered.