Put that old iPad to good use! The Dementia Clock app is specifically designed for people suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Originally made for someone whose elderly parent was becoming increasingly forgetful and confused about the time of day, it features:
- A large, easy to read, beautifully designed time and date display
- A single touch anywhere and it will speak the day and part of day
- Uses either sophisticated built-in voices, or you can record your own
- Easy-to-use recording lets the user hear a soothing, familiar voice
- Accessible help and useful tips when recording your own voice
- A straightforward setup mode which can be hidden when complete
- Support for English, Portuguese and Spanish as per the iPad’s settings
An iPad can be configured to leave this app running, and if it is left connected to power it will never need user intervention. The user does not need to do anything - except to touch the display to hear the comforting pre-recorded voice.
Get it now, and please let us know if it helps someone you care about!