This accessible guide is a perfect source of reference for all those with an interest in finance. Invaluable for students and professionals in the fields of finance and banking, it is also ideal for private investors and readers of the financial pages.
This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date dictionary of finance available. The entries in the new edition cover the vocabulary used in banking, money markets, foreign exchanges, public and government finance, and private investment and borrowing, and much more. The coverage in all areas is wide and international.
Over 200 new entries have been added to this edition and it has been fully updated to reflect recent developments in the industry, such as structured finance and the subprime lending crisis.
Feature entries have been included in this edition for the fuller explanation of topical and complex areas, e.g. Financial Times Share Indexes, and Bankruptcy Law. Recommended up-to-date web links for many entries provide valuable extra information. With clear and accessible definitions, this jargon-free dictionary is a companion volume to the other financial titles in this best-selling series, A Dictionary of Business and Management, A Dictionary of Accounting, and A Dictionary of Economics (all available on the Oxford Reference website), and provides accurate and valuable information for students, practitioners, private investors, and readers of the financial pages alike.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.