RunningTrax provides personalized running training programs to runners of all levels of ability from beginner to world class. The app defines a personalized workout for any training run – for any distance, time or pace.
The main two components of RunningTrax are:
• Level of ability (TraxScore) – defines your level of ability based
on any recent distance and time. Your TraxScore changes as your fitness
level changes and is based on a complex model of athletic performance.
• Personalized Workout (TraxWorkout) – defines a specific workout
based on your TraxScore. It can be a recommended workout from any
training program or a run that might do around a park or neighborhood. The recommended workout is provided as a range between the minimum and maximum effort. Run faster and you increase your chance of injury. Run slower and you lose the training benefit.
There are two additional components of RunningTrax that help you train and improve:
• Running Log (TraxLog) - Your workout is stored in the RunningTrax
TraxLog and will (in Version 2.0) enable your workouts to automatically
transfer into any popular running portal so none of your performances are lost.
• Workout Rewards (TraxRewards) – RunningTrax generates a calculation of your workout intensity called TraxRewards. TraxRewards is similar to a frequent flyer mileage program used by airlines. You accumulate TraxRewards over time that can be used to earn badges and receive benefits from our sponsors.
• Integrates with Health app - The app can write workout stats (distance, pace, calories burned) and weight to the Health app, and can read weight data. Health app integration is optional.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.