This latest edition of the best-selling, comprehensive and authoritative Dictionary of Nursing has been fully updated and revised to take account of recent developments in nursing practice and related fields. Coverage of advances in the field includes general nursing, statistics, common scales and indexes, religion and spirituality, and commonly used abbreviations. The Dictionary provides readers with a comprehensive treatment of the ever-expanding vocabulary of the nursing professions. In addition to specific nursing terms, there are many entries in the fields of medicine, anatomy, physiology, psychiatry, nutrition, and pharmacology (including new drugs recently introduced into medical practice).
With over 10,000 clear and concise entries, written by medical and nursing specialists, this trusted dictionary covers the theory and practice of nursing, and even includes entry-level web links. The text is enhanced by 100 helpful illustrations and tables. This is an invaluable reference tool for all nursing students, recently qualified and practicing nurses, and people training and working in related fields such as midwifery and health visiting.
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words.
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters.
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
* Flashcards to give you the opportunity to test your knowledge of newly learned words.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.