Tutanota – the open source end-to-end encrypted email app.
The open source app Tutanota enables you to send end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody with a tip of your finger. Even emails that are being sent without end-to-end encryption and all your contacts are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
Only you with your password have access to your encrypted data, profiling is impossible. Tutanota combines security with ease-of-use so that everybody can use end-to-end encryption. Now you can take back your privacy easily!
- Register your free Tutanota account with 1 GB of free storage.
- Choose your email address from the supported domains @tutanota.com, @tutanota.de, @tutamail.com, @tuta.io and @keemail.me.
- Send and receive end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody, to other Tutanota users automatically and to external users secured with a password.
- Send and receive old-fashioned emails (not end-to-end encrypted). Even these emails are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
- Subject, content and attachments are automatically encrypted.
- Supports push notifications when receiving new emails.
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Tutanota or your phone contacts.
- Tutanota is open source so that anyone can verify its security by auditing the code.
The Tutanota app asks for very few permissions to keep your level of privacy to a maximum:
- Full network access: Used to send and receive emails.
- Receive data from the internet: To notify you when you receive a new email.
- View network connections: To find out if an internet connection exists.
- Read your contacts: This enables you to select recipients from your phone's contacts.
- Read from SD card: To allow adding of attachments from the SD card to emails.
- Control vibration: To notify you when you receive a new email.
- Deactivate sleeping mode: To notify you when you receive a new email.
This distribution includes cryptographic software. The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country, of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software, please check your country's laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. Seehttp://www.wassenaar.org/ for more information.
The U.S. Government Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), has classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number (ECCN) 5D002.C.1, which includes information security software using or performing cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms. The form and manner of this distribution makes it eligible for export under the License Exception ENC Technology Software Unrestricted (TSU) exception (see the BIS Export Administration Regulations, Section 740.13) for both object code and source code.