JMap Mobile is an application that allows your mobile device to connect to a JMap Server. You can thus take advantage of the JMap functionalities in the field.
The application can be used to consult the map, perform data collection in the field, do asset inspections, etc.
JMap Mobile offers the following features :
- Navigation on the map.
- Works on wireless networks for a real-time access to the data.
- Works also in offline mode, with synchronization upon connection.
- Use of the location capabilities of the mobile devices.
- Vector data support (points).
- Modifying and collection of data in the field.
- Custom data entry forms.
- Use of the camera.
- Selection of the layers to display.
- Querying of map elements.
IMPORTANT : This version of JMap Mobile is only compatible with the JMap mapping system version 6.0. The application must connect to a JMap Server instance that has a license allowing mobile applications.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Log out of the deployment to stop the use of GPS.
JMap Mobile 6.0.0 additionally includes new features and bug fixes such as:
* Support for JMap 6.0's advanced permissions system.
* It's now possible to edit an element's photos.
* External forms support.
* Offers an in-app web browser to open links in the map's mouseover content.
* Refreshed visual appearance of map and app controls.
* A new way to visualize attribute query results.
* Other improvements and bug fixes.