Includes UK SECOND YEAR SCREENING CHECK practice mode, using official word-sheets.
If you are a parent confused by the strange letter sounds your child is coming home with, then this is the app for you!
Family Phonics UK is designed for parents of children in the first two years of school in the UK.
It covers the teaching of phonics up to and including the Phonics Screening Check taken by all children at the end of their second year. It includes a practice mode, with words and layout from previous years' Screening Checks.
The app includes information for parents on the various stages of phonics teaching, including timing.
Family Phonics UK was developed in conjunction with teachers and follows the guidelines set out by the UK Government for the teaching of phonics.
- All 67 phonics sounds
- An explanation of the phonics teaching stages
- Yr 2 Phonics Screening Check explained, with example words and practice mode
- Animations to show formation of the letter shapes
- Toy Factory game = practice reading 20 simple words
- Castle Splat game = fill in the blanks, 35 words
- Car Wash game = sounds recognition game, 31 sounds
- Writing/drawing pad