AVSub is a fully featured, multi-language music and video streaming (after in-app purchase) app for SubSonic. With multi-format (including FLAC) support, quick & easy browsing, caching for offline listening or viewing, playlist support and a great user interface, accessing your media is fast and simple. With full Bluetooth Audio, Chromecast & Airplay support too, you can have your media with you anywhere, anytime.
Simply connect AVSub to your licensed SubSonic server and you'll have access to your entire media collection anywhere, anytime. AVSub supports any audio format that SubSonic supports and SSL.
AVSub's user interface is very easy to use. Buttons are large and clear and playback can be controlled by gestures. Optimized views for both portrait & landscape orientations make the most of your device.
AVSub has full Bluetooth & Airplay support - stream to any Bluetooth device (car stereo, amplifier, speaker, headphones) with superb quality. Bluetooth remote control is also fully supported. Your car stereo can be used to play/pause and move between tracks and will also display information about what's currently playing.
AVSub supports caching so you can listen to your music or watch video even when you're not connected to the Internet. AVSub will cache what you listen to in the background, or you can choose to download tracks, albums or videos direct into the cache for quick pre-loading. Cache size is configurable, along with other options such as read-from-cache, write-to-cache and the ability to control direct-downloading over a mobile/cellular network.
Cache management in AVSub is easy too! When browsing the cache, simple swipe right-to-left on item to reveal a delete button. See the AVSub website for more details.
AVSub supports Subsonic playlists also and will intelligently cache tracks on your device.
AVSub can be used on both WiFi or a mobile/cellular connection (3G/4G). Audio caching ensure smoother playback.
With AVSub you can access your full media library by browsing through it, selecting from the most recently added, most recently played, most frequently played or highest rated tracks, or search over your entire library for tracks, albums and artists. AVSub also supports multiple SubSonic top-level music folders, allowing you to select an individual top-level folder, or your entire collection. You can browse by folder structure or ID3 tags.
AVSub is optimized for iPhone 5, 6 and 6 Plus.
- Universal app works on both iPhone and iPad
- Supports high-resolution digital audio output via CCK up to 24bit/192kHz
- Full equaliser
- Supports Chromecast audio and video (after in-app purchase)
- Supports both portrait and landscape
- Video streaming including caching support via in-app purchase
- Subsonic Jukebox support via in-app purchase
- Internet radio stations
- SSL support, including self-signed certificates
- Album and track caching for offline listening
- Supports folder and ID3 mode
- Full multi-disc album support
- Artist Radio/Similar Songs
- Optimized for iPhone 5, 6 and 6 Plus
- Seamless gapless playback
- Seek within a track
- Full Subsonic playlist support & management
- Streams over 3G/4G/WiFi
- Maximum streaming bitrate control
- Bluetooth Audio & Airplay support
- Bluetooth remote control support
- Remembers your playlist from the last listening session
- Streams from any licensed SubSonic server (v4.0 and up)
- Browse/search entire music collection
- Browse most recently added, recently played, frequently played, highest rated
- Random albums or songs
- Supports SubSonic music folders
- Shuffle and repeat
- Displays album cover art
- Lock-screen integration
- 3D Touch quick actions
- Documentation & guides available at the AVSub website
- Supports iOS8/9/10
- Supports iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S/6/6 Plus/6S/6S Plus/7/7 Plus and all iPads