Work on key speech sounds with the Frog Game - School app. Developed by an award winning, certified Speech Language Pathologist, Frog Game focuses on improving auditory processing through phonological awareness skills that are essential for the development of reading, comprehension and spelling; that is, it aims to help children with hearing and processing the sounds in speech which is important for later learning to read and spell.
The Frog Game features the adventures of Hoppi the frog. An evil wizard has put a spell on Hoppi and he has lost his speaking voice. Help Hoppi get his speaking voice back by going to the Magic Castle with the secret that breaks the spell. Students practice the English consonant speech sounds in the same order as English speaking children acquire them while learning to speak.
Help Hoppi find the Spell book that includes the recipe for the magic potion that Hoppi needs to drink to get his voice back. On the way to the Magic Castle play fun and interactive games with all the speech sounds including the vowels. The sun gives you helpful instructions at every stage. Collect stars on the way and see how far you are in the game!
Teachers and SLPs can register all their students and track progress. Reports can be viewed, shared and printed.
1. Click the blinking TV in the upper right corner to hear the story at the start of the game
2. In the first round the student needs to finish all the sounds in each “board” at the difficulty level provided. Then they can play as they want and go back and forth. This is important so that they do not skip through everything to begin with.
3. In Frog Games 1, 2 & 3 you play with the sounds provided in each app. In the School version you play and rehearse ALL the sounds through the games and they appear in the middle of words as well. It is more difficult and therefore more useful for slightly older children
4) In Frog Game - School you can: register students and follow progress while going through different levels, track correct and incorrect responses, e-mail results, print data
5) Each child registered can get through to a certain level at a certain time and continues from that level the next time she or he signs in. That way we make sure everyone goes through the whole program.
6) DropBox storage lets you store each student's progress
The sounds and letters are practiced in interactive games with focus on:
- letter/sound recognition
- Fingerspelling ASL, capital and lower case letters
- Phonemic awareness
- Sound discrimination
- Picture/sound recognition and recall
- Text/word; sight recognition and sound recall (naming speed)
- Vocabulary with hundreds of illustrated pictures by artists for the app
- Visual and interactive reinforcement
The app is designed for children aged from 4 or 5 yrs through elementary school. It gives the option for choosing easier exercise level for beginners.
* Welcome to the Frog Game app.
***Disclaimer the apps will work for iPhone 4 but not at it´s optimum.