Augmented reality is no longer just a futuristic movie concept; you can now use it as part of your everyday banking! Hold your phone over your registered credit card, and see it come to life.
Register your Westpac credit card(s) with the Westpac Augmented Reality Banking App (AR Banking App) by entering your Westpac Online Banking User ID and Password and selecting which Westpac credit cards you would like to register (up to 2).
Once you’ve registered your Westpac credit card(s), the AR Banking App will open to a camera screen. You simply hold one of your registered credit cards under the camera to see the following information overlaid in 3D:
• how much you’ve spent on your credit card in the last 5 weeks – useful to understand your spending patterns over time
• your hotpoints® balance and your available balance
• when your next credit card payment is due and how much you still need to pay
• the last 5 purchases from your credit card account
How it works:
1. Download the AR Banking App
2. Enter your regular Westpac New Zealand Online Banking login ID and password on the registration screen. (You won’t need to do this again to access the AR Banking App)
3. Select the camera button at the bottom of the screen
4. Hold one of your registered credit cards under the camera, and view your credit card information.
IMPORTANT: The AR Banking App is only for Westpac New Zealand customers who have a personal credit card and are registered for Online Banking.
• Using the AR Banking App for instant credit card information requires a one time authentication process during initial registration using your regular Online Banking login ID and password.
• Your AR Banking App registration (including login) and information requests are protected by a certified encrypted secure connection (SSL).
• If you want to register a new card, you will need to re-enter your Online Banking login ID and password. The new card must already be loaded on your Online Banking login.
• Lock your mobile device when not in use.
• Set up a PIN or password to lock your smartphone and always activate it when the device is left idle or unattended.
• We recommend you always adhere to manufacturer’s software and support to ensure your mobile devices are covered by the latest software and security updates. If you’re connecting via Wi-Fi, we recommend you use a trusted network.
• All information submitted by you during registration and use of the AR Banking App will be retained by Westpac and used in accordance with the Privacy terms set out in Westpac New Zealand’s General Terms and Conditions.
• If you lose your iPhone or it is stolen, please contact Westpac immediately on 0800 400 600.
Westpac New Zealand Limited