PlayScore – Snap or load a page of printed music and follow on screen as the music plays (NB make sure your mute switch is off)
PlayScore takes traditional music scanning to the next level. Using the latest techniques in Optical Music Recognition (OCR for music), PlayScore plays music as it should sound, naturally and smoothly.
PlayScore understands all the symbols of standard music notation and can play all kinds of sheet music and scores.
PlayScore Pro can read scores with systems of many staffs such as SATB vocal scores and chamber music as well as piano music and songs. It can save in JPG, MIDI and Music XML.
- Want to hear a song from a book
- Play through a Bach fugue
- Hear your instrumental or voice part
Or just browse through a pile of sheet music ? then PlayScore is perfect
* And now, in the new Accompaniment Mode you can sing or play your solo while PlayScore plays the keyboard accompaniment.
Just hold your device up to the music, take a picture and watch your music come to life as PlayScore plays it right there on the screen, following bar by bar.
PlayScore works in portrait or landscape. It easily handles a whole page at a time and can even pick music out of a scene or out of text.
PlayScore writes MIDI and MusicXML files for use in virtually any music app.
Want to try PlayScore? For the promotional period download our free 2-staff version PlayScore Lite and be listening to your sheet music in seconds
- Tap the camera button
- Take a well focused picture of one page of a brightly lit music so it fills most of the screen
- Tap the eye button, then tap Play when it appears
- bright illumination and crisp focus. Take the picture square on – see illustration
- make sure mute switch is off
- Tap the metronome button to change the tempo
- tap any bar to play from there or swipe over a few bars to create a repeat
- tap the piano icon and PlayScore will play only the bottom two staffs
Visit www.playscore.co for more on how to make the most of PlayScore
iOS 8 or higher recommended