EZSpell was developed for iTouch, iPhone and iPad. The application is designed to help kids practice spelling and sight words.
I originally developed the application to help my four year old with his sight words. Other similar applications and platforms were not able to keep him engaged.
The application features an "easy mode" designed to guide users that need more assistance spelling and recognizing basic letters. This feature guides users to input the correct sequence of letters. This is accomplished by using providing both negative and positive feedback for letter selection. The positive and negative feedback mechanisms use both visual and auditory queues to reward and guide users. Correct sequence selection also results in audio play back of the selected letter. Easy mode can be disabled for users who do not need it.
The application allows users to create custom spelling lists, each with their own start and end dates. Date ranges will be used to automatically select lists during game play. You can record a word for play back in the users own voice or use synthesized speech for simplicity.
- Easy mode is designed for younger players who need more assistance spelling and recognizing letters.
- Create spelling lists with set start and end dates for automatically selected for game play.
- Create multiple users as needed to help separate spelling lists and game play.
- Record a spelling word in the users own voice to help engage players or use synthesized speech.
- A locking mechanism is available in the device settings to help prevent younger users from making accidental changes to spelling lists.