Play with the sound of a full cathedral organ, created by award-winning sound designer Kurt Ader! This app is designed as professional sound module for your iPad by connecting external MIDI keyboard(s), using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹
Watch and listen to the demo video on our product website!
This app supports "Audiobus" (requires iOS 7 or higher), Apple's "Inter-App Audio" System (requires iOS 7 or higher) and the "JACK Audio Connection Kit" (up to iOS 6.1.3) for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps, and Bluetooth LE MIDI !
iCathedral Organ generates the sound of a lovely and color rich pipe organ of a real cathedral. All individual registers of such a pipe organ were recorded to resemble this sound as realistic as possible. You can fully adjust all individual organ registers to create your own sounds and save them as your personal sound presets. Or simply select one of the factory presets to play impressive organ sounds right fromt the start.
The sounds of this app were created by Kurt Ader, winner of the NAMM 2015 "Best Sound Designer of the Year" award.
- 28 individual organ registers, each one controllable simultaniously in real-time.
- Polyphony up to 140 stereo voices.²
- Configurable audio latency down to 5 ms.
- Low latency disk streaming.
- Integrated cathedral reverb effect.
- App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
- Hermode Tuning: Makes the sound more brilliant by controlling the pitch of the notes in multivoiced music to better frequency ratios than with fixed tuning. This dynamic tuning imitates the tuning behavior of well educated musicians of i.e. orchestras and choirs.
- Audiobus support (requires iOS 7 or higher).
- Supports Apple's "IAA" system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (iOS 7 or higher).
- Supports "JACK Audio Connection Kit" for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (up to iOS 6.1.3).
- Virtual on-screen piano keyboard, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
- Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
- Unlimited amount of tracks.
- Unlimited recording and playback length.
- Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
- Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
- Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
- Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
There is no in-app purchase in this app. So all sounds and all app features are immediately available to you as one buy.
¹ For more informations about supported adapters and MIDI keyboard devices, please visit our product website.
² Some sound presets are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.