Awareness is the key to make lifestyle changes, when it comes to breast cancer (and numerous other medical conditions). Most people although aware of breast cancer and its effects, generally forget to take steps to detect the disease in its early stage and encourage others to do the same.
Mobile apps play a huge role in teaching women to be aware of breast self-examinations, practice other early detection & screening techniques, as well as how to weigh the different breast cancer treatment options.
If you, a family member or friend has been diagnosed with breast cancer, you will want to learn as much as you can about this treatable disease.
October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Oncology (SRIOR) have launched a patient friendly and informative android application.
SRIOR– An innovative initiator of Breast Cancer awareness APP which will draw global attention of general public as well as breast cancer patients to provide an insight into awareness and its preventive tips.
FEATURES and description of the tabs
Non-Breast cancer patients
1.Am I @ risk: A risk calculator for assessing your risk of developing breast cancer
2.Screening: Featuring breast self-examination steps in an attempt to detect breast cancer early
3. Prevention: Basic information on how to prevent breast cancer and to lower the risk of developing one
4. FAQ: Common queries and a detailed explanation on breast cancer
Breast cancer patients
1. Basics: Educating patients about breast cancer and its stages
2. Risk factors: Aiding in learning the risk factors of breast cancer
3. Symptoms: A detailed pictorial description on the various symptoms of breast cancer
4. Diagnosis: Giving information on various diagnostic tests to be performed
5. Treatment: Detailing various treatment modalities of breast cancer