iHope is an easy-to-use smartphone app designed to promote domestic peace and prevent violence before it happens. It provides existing or potential victims of domestic violence with safety tools to plan and contact up to five designated trusted family members, friends or other contacts about their situation or when they need help.
Whether it is used as a safety precaution, a safety status update or for when a user needs help from their designated contacts, iHope provides the following useful safety features and support resources.
• My Safety - Uses a timer function. When the timer expires and you do not disarm it, the app will send email and text alert messages along with your GPS location to your designated contacts.
• My Support – Allows users to setup and manage contact information for up to five designated trusted family members, friends or other contacts.
• I’m Safe - Alerts your designated contacts as to the status of your safety.
• I Need Help – Alerts your designated contacts that you need their help.
• ACADV Site - Links users to the Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence website to learn more about the coalition and its services and resources.
• About Orders of Protection - Provides users with useful information about orders of protection.
• Important Phone Numbers - Provides users with useful phone numbers, hotlines, addresses and website links to domestic violence-related resources (i.e., shelters, safe houses, centers, organizations, agencies, committees) located throughout Arkansas.
iHope is a project of the Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
The Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ACADV) is a nonprofit organization that has served both rural and urban areas of Arkansas since its inception in 1981. The membership consists of domestic violence service providers and others who demonstrate support for the philosophy, goals and objectives of the ACADV.
Visit our homepage at: http://DomesticPeace.com/
Learn more about our coalition at: http://domesticpeace.com/about.html
(c) Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence.