- The #1 Inflation Calculator, with support for 2016!
Ever see a price from the past and wonder how much that would cost today? With Inflation Calculator, this is simple to find.
The price of gasoline peaked at $1.35 per gallon during the 1979 Oil Crisis. That's $4.50 in 2016 dollars, well over the current price.
The entire Civil War cost 1800s America an estimated $1 Billion, an inordinate cost at the time. That's $19.6 Billion in 2016 dollars, or less than 3% of the United States' current annual military budget.
Put history in perspective with Inflation Calculator, the first app of its kind to bring you inflation data from 1800 all the way to 2016 in a sleek, modern interface that's easy to use.
- Calculate the value of the United States dollar over time from 1800 to 2016.
- Quickly switch between columns with a tap to compare values between multiple years.
- Sleek, modern interface on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch
- Simple and intuitive. No cluttering and distracting popups.
Inflation Calculator is and always will be ad free.
Data from 1912 to 2016 is based on the official Consumer Price Index as published by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Data from 1800 to 1911 is estimated by historians.