Ten months ago, I learned that my wife was pregnant and I began the process of changing from a childless-layabout to a new father. I was Breaking Dad.
This is the app that I wish I had during the pregnancy. There were books and websites that gave good information, but I found that there were two things that I wanted help tracking on a day to day basis.
1. What baby stuff have we acquired and what do we still need?
2. Can my wife eat _____?
We ended up with papers, notes, online documents and other things to keep track of these two bits of information. It became confusing.
On top of this, I had little clue as to all the stuff that was available for newborns. I picked this up over time, but it would have been nice to have this information in an easy-to-consume format.
Breaking Dad helps track all of this… with a bit of an irreverent attitude. You can’t Break Dad without adding in a few Dad Jokes!
The free version of the app will:
1. Explain common baby items
2. Give a starting point for healthy foods and which to avoid. This should be checked with the doctor. I’m a programmer, not a doctor.
3. Dad Thoughts! Witticisms, advice or just random thoughts.
For the cost of about 6 diapers, the in-app purchase will give you full access. It will:
1. Let you add or delete baby items.
2. Track how many of the baby items you own, and how many you want.
3. Track which food safety recommendations you’ve checked with the doctor.
4. Let you modify existing food safety recommendations.
5. Add or delete foods as desired.
Thanks for reading… and here’s a couple dad jokes for your time!
Q. What’s the difference between a man on a suit on a bicycle and a slob on a tricycle?
Okay, one more
Q: Did you hear about the kidnapping at school?
A: He woke up.
Bwah ha ha!
I kill me…