Dear Teacher is a comprehensive resource for accurate information on helping children get the most from their education. Accomplished educators with experience from preschool through college offer –
• Answers to parents’ questions about their children’s education
• Techniques to build children’s reading, math and study skills
• Activities to increase children’s knowledge in reading, math, science and social studies in a fun-filled fashion
• Checklists to see if children are ready for kindergarten, gifted, reading on grade level and much more.
• Books that quickly teach young children to read
Dear Teacher has solid advice on such parental concerns as incompetent teachers, playground bullies, learning disabilities, phonics, the gifted learner, computer usage, college admissions, the common core standards, avoiding homework battles, the latest educational innovations and everything else parents need to know.
The two educators – Peggy Gisler and Marge Eberts – are:
• Nationally syndicated newspaper education columnists with King Features Syndicate
• Have M.A. and Ed.S. degrees in education, and Peggy has a doctorate in Educational Leadership and Special Education
• Authors of more than 100 books on education including: advice books for parents, textbooks and beginning readers