The biggest mistake Texas Hold'em players make is playing too many hands. Some say you should play about 15% of your starting hands, some say 20%. In a loose or short-handed game you might even want to play 30% of your hands. This app lets you adjust your range based on the number of opponents, your position at the table and how loose or tight you want to play based on how fast or slow the game is.
According to apppicker.com—"If you're into Texas Hold'em then you know exactly how important it is to get a good starting hand…the beauty of this app is that you don't have to worry about all the mathematics, statistics, and formulas because it's all done for you…The unique technique and user-friendly aspects of the app make this one a real winner."
This app presents a new approach to creating starting hand ranges that are easy to remember during a game and that are based on solid mathematics.
Hand ranges are described by a unique new concept of three values, called "Descriptors", that represent the range.
For example, the range Descriptors for the top 40 hands (representing 19.31% of hands you are dealt) against 7 opponents look like this:
7, 38999, TTTT
The hands in this range are 77+ (a pair of 7s or better), suited hands A3s+, K8s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, and unsuited hands AT+, KT+, QT+, JT+. You set the range you want based on your position and the EDGE% you would like to have with the range, then all you have to remember are the three range Descriptors to play this range!
The math behind it:
By using a method of random hand generation called Monte Carlo simulation on every one of the possible 169 starting hands against 9, 8 , 7, 6, etc. opponents played to showdown over millions of hands, the winning percentage (Win%) of a given hand is obtained.
How well does this work?
Comparing the simulation data with actual data from over 122 million hands of real cash games recorded by a major casino reveals a very close correlation, in fact, almost identical. The only thing they didn't consider was the number of opponents and table position, which this app takes into account.
* LEAVES NO STONE UNTURNED: Displays Win%, Deal%, and Rank for all possible 169 starting hands for number of opponents from 1-9.
* PUTS YOU IN CHARGE: Set a range based on the minimum Win% you want over the "fair" Win%, or alternatively, the Deal% (percentage of hands you will be dealt that match the range). Typically, pros play about 20% of their hands against 9 opponents, but you can set the range to play as loose or as tight as you want depending on your preferred style of play, your position at the table, and the number of opponents you face.
* SAVES YOUR FAVORITES: Saves your favorite hand ranges for reference to make it easier to remember them. You may be accused of having a memory like an elephant!
* SUPPORTS LIVE OR ONLINE PLAY: By using the unique concept of hand range "Descriptors" you can easily remember ranges without depending on your device during live play, and of course, during online play you have ALL the data right in front of you!
* STRENGTHENS YOUR POKER IQ: Includes a Quiz with over 100 multiple-choice questions and an extensive Glossary of terms, phrases, and strategies to make you the smartest one at the table!
* DOESN'T HASSLE YOU: no ads or annoying pop-ups, no in-app purchases, no Internet connection needed. Just add you, and your desire to win.
** PUT THE STARTING HAND RANGES APP IN YOUR TEXAS HOLD'EM ARSENAL AND IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING—TODAY! **
Send feedback, issues, comments to: email@example.com
Get help and tips at: http://startinghandranges.jimdo.com
Any information this app provides is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Any losses incurred while using the information herein, even if there are errors, are your sole responsibility.