This is an App for introducing computer programming to younger pupils. Based on the natural language programming method popular in Junior Control Insight, it emphasises the solution of problems in real-life contexts without using complex coding syntax. It presents simulations of real-world machines controlled by programmable systems. The programs are expressed as natural English instructions defined by key phrases in the unique Insight Problem Solving Language. It is a valuable tool for developing the logical thinking required in conventional computer languages.
Insight iCON for:
● Creating and debugging simple programs
● Using logical reasoning to explain the behaviour of simple programs
● Solving problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
● Using sequence, selection and repetition in programs
● Working with variables and various forms of input and output