The Thomas Jefferson Foundation’s new app, Slavery at Monticello: Life and Work on Mulberry Row, tells the stories of the people who lived and worked at the industrial hub of Thomas Jefferson’s agricultural enterprise. Visitors can explore the physical sites and meet the people who lived and worked on Mulberry Row.
• Includes comments and narration by descendants of Monticello’s enslaved community
• Uses a variety of media: video, audio, 3d animations, and graphical presentations
• Utilizes iBeacon and geo-location technology
• Multilayered, deeply engaging interface
• Subtle game-like feedback loops let visitors know what locations they’ve visited
• Archival photos and audio clips
Reading level: High School
To learn more about Monticello and Mulberry Row, please visit us at www.monticello.org.