A garage door control app using Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy to connect to an Arduino Uno with a BLE Shield.
* Minimalistic interface aimed at being unobtrusive and easy to use when driving
* Connects automatically to the BLE Shield v2.1 from redbearlab.com, giving you access to one click control of your garage door.
* Password protection and authentication of every command sent to the garage door motor
* Light default theme for best possible contrast during daytime.
* Dark theme for best possible use at night
* Optional ability to switch themes automatically based on ambient light levels.
Automatic theme require the app is granted access to the camera to measure brightness.
The aim of the app is to do this one thing extremely well and be as unobtrusive and simple as possible.
Currently the app is tested with, and connects automatically to, the BLE Shield v2.1 from redbearlab.com.
Each command is authenticated with a shared secret password.
You have to build the remote yourself and understand how to interface your garage door motor to use. See http://bit.ly/BLE40 for more information and instructions on how to build the remote and set the shared secret password on the remote device
This is the result of a Christmas 2014 hacking project. I have a very flaky old garage door from the 80's and of late the remote control has been acting up. Since it's somewhat hard to come by spare parts for my exact model I decided to build my own.