We present a digital version of the very detailed map of Veliky Novgorod. The map is brought to you by a renowned cartographic publishing house Discus Media.
The map is bilingual (Russian and English).
All museums, theatres, churches and other points of interest are indicated. The most interesting buildings are shown as 3-D pictures. Public transport routes and stops are shown. Information for car drivers is presented: traffic lights, one-way streets, petrol stations, traffic posts.
The edition features additional maps: Novgorod’s suburbs and Novgorod’s satellite cities such as Krechevitsy, Arkazhi, Yuryevo, Pankovka, Smetaninskays Myza.
The app features a detailed bilingual (Russian and English) index, which will help you to find any street, sight, hotel or other POI you are looking for.
Printed editions have something magical, something that does not exist in their electronic equivalents. They were created by living people, who labored over each centimeter of the map, they were not created by robots. We decided to combine these achievements of the print editions with the new possibilities of contemporary electronic platforms.
Our app is not intended as a replacement for GPS navigators, Apple Maps, GoogleMaps, YandexMaps, etc. This is why you can transit from any map section to a corresponding section of a service of your choosing (Apple Maps, Gоogle Maps, YandexMaps) and back again.
Highlights of the app:
1. You can work offline.
2. You can navigate your way to any desired map section through the traditional index map or simply by turning pages.
3. You have the ability to magnify individual parts of a map, search features and bookmark interesting pages.
4. You can conduct search by objects’ names (objects are grouped together): streets, museums, etc.
5. You have the ability to add your own information to the map (comments, addresses, telephone numbers – including the ability to dial directly from within the app).
6. When online, you can transit from any map section to a corresponding section of a service of your choosing (Apple Maps, Gоogle Maps, YandexMaps) and back again.
The advantages of the electronic version of the map:
- It does not bend, tear or become lost at the most inopportune moment.
- The ease with which you can search, magnify and examine details, add notes and additional information – utilizing the power and features of today’s devices.
The quality and art of traditional paper maps is being replaced by much less attractive automated digital maps. Our app brings these excellent paper maps into the mobile age, helping to ensure they continue to provide you with both knowledge and enjoyment – it would be a tragedy if they were relegated only to libraries, inaccessible to most people. We want to give a second life to paper maps. This app is for people who love good old printed maps and want to go with the times.