Simply find, plan and track the hills in the UK and Ireland you climb with your buddies with SummIT.
All UK Hills based on the work done by http://www.hills-database.co.uk. The data for the UK and Ireland has been extracted from version 14.1 of the Database of British and Irish Hills (DoBIH), with kind permission from Chris Crocker and Alan Dawson. Please note that if you use the existing hills-database access database you can export and import data between these two systems easily.
SummIT is a cross platform application meaning that you can use it on a variety of mobile devices, with the ability to move your SummIT data between your different platforms.
Key Features include:
- Login with just a name and email address
- Keep track of the hills you have SummITed and who you climbed them with
- You can SummIT multiple times
- You can add Buddies to each SummIT
- Sub categorise the view-able hills based on
- All in the UK
- By Classification (e.g. Wainwright, Munro)
- By Classification Area (e.g. Northwest Hills)
- Search hill lists based on:
- Filter hill lists based on
- Distance from your current location
- SummIT-ed or not SummIT-ed
- Quickly view list of hills within the local area (< 5 Miles)
- View full details of each hill
- See information on each hills’ classification, height, location, summit features and useful Ordnance Survey maps.
- View hill location on a map, either individually or all together
- View Map of hills
- All hills
- Hills within a Classification
- Hills within a Classification and Area
- Hills SummITed and to be SummITed are shown in different colours to help you pick them out.
- Other features include
- View hill weather forecasts for the main UK provided by MWIS
- A number of useful hill walking websites which may help you on your way.
If you have any issues or feature requests please email me at email@example.com