Cycling is a major transportation method and enjoyable part of exercise regimens throughout the world, but the bicycle itself is a relatively ancient piece of technology. Longer distances between work and home have motivated many to abandon the bike in lieu of an automobile, and a bout of stormy weather can ruin outdoor fitness plans without a moment’s notice. Instead of falling out of the bike riding habit, you can use Rideo, an interactive iOS application, to get a replica of the experience.
Rideo integrates Bluetooth sensors with the processing power of iOS products to create a portable and customizable exercise bike. The application displays a selection of virtual ride experiences that help you get a sense of adventure without setting one tire out of the door while collecting data from the sensors on your speed, distance traveled, and the time of the trip. For both cycling enthusiasts who need a backup plan and those looking to start a fitness regimen who have trouble moving out the door, Rideo is an intuitive and modern solution to exercise equipment design.
To use all of the application’s features, you will need to have a few pieces of equipment, some of which you might have on hand. The ones you are least likely to already possess are a Bluetooth-enabled heart rate monitor and a Speed and Cadence Sensor, such as the ones manufactured by Panobike that are available through online retailers. Two magnets, one placed on one of the pedals and the other on a spoke of the back wheel, swing past the sensors as you naturally use the training bike and induce an electrical current, creating the information that’s sent to Rideo. Beyond the sensors, you will need a bicycle, training stand, and an iOS device capable of running the application. For the best experience, use a larger display with higher resolution to more accurately mimic a real cycling adventure.
*Streamed HD Video content as a visual aid to keep you motivated while you exercise.
*Record realistic stats and monitor progress with interactive graphs.
*Bluetooth low energy sensor enabled (Cadence/speed and Heart)
*Calorie, Average Speed, average heart rate and distance calculator
*Ability to use youtube videos as training backdrops for unlimited training videos
Rideo employ http media streaming, select content requires an In-App quarterly subscription.
- Rideo Subscription
- Subscriptions are auto renewed quarterly, unless user disables auto-renewal
- Quarterly price amount to £3.99 or $4.99 US or €4.99, please check you individual region for the appropriate price
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
All the content provided through Rideo is subject to copyright and re-streaming of any of these videos outside Rideo in commercial or non commercial setting is not permissible.
Support is provided through email please goto http://www.umchi.me/rideo-support/ for more info