With thousands of new iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac apps released every week how are consumers supposed to find the gems? Easy! Use AppPicker’s handy dandy “Best New iPhone, iPad & Mac Apps Released Week Of…” lists to discover the most interesting, entertaining and useful apps released for iOS and Mac. You may have heard about the blockbuster apps released during the week, also included in our list, but how about those flying under the radar which are every bit as good? We put them all together in an easy to read list with available accompanying videos.
The apps are listed alphabetically. Universal, by the way, means it is optimized for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Click on the blue app title to be taken directly to the App Store to learn more about it and to download the app.
- Feed Me Oil by Chillingo (Games, Mac, $4.99): "When hunger strikes, strike oil! Welcome to a weird and wonderful place where the land is literally alive — and it’s starving! Your job is to get the oil from the broken pipe to the mouths of the strange creatures. It won’t be easy though, as you’ll need to use all sorts of fun tools, as well as your brains, to solve the puzzles."
Feed Me Oil trailer
- Frontline Commando by Glu Games (Games, Universal, FREE): "As the sole surviving Commando of a renegade attack against a ruthless dictator, you are stranded on the frontline and hell-bent on payback. You must use all of your specialized skills to survive the onslaught of the enemy forces and avenge your fallen soldiers."
Frontline Commando trailer
- Grand Theft Auto 3 by Rockstar Games, (Games, Universal, $4.99): "Rockstar Games celebrates the 10th anniversary of one of the most influential games of all time. The critically acclaimed blockbuster Grand Theft Auto III comes to mobile devices, bringing to life the dark and seedy underworld of Liberty City. With a massive and diverse open world, a wild cast of characters from every walk of life and the freedom to explore at will, Grand Theft Auto III puts the dark, intriguing and ruthless world of crime at your fingertips."
- Ice Rage by Mountain Sheep (Games, Universal, $0.99): "Ice Rage brings the classic 8-bit hockey experience to the 21st century! We dare you to take on John Gore, or challenge your friend in the most intense single-device multiplayer you've ever experienced. There are 9 different human players to choose from and if that is not enough, try out the Ice Aces, amazing special characters such as lightning fast Santa or heavy-hitting Enviro-Bear. Team up with crazy goalies like Rudolph the Red Wall, and you are sure to get the upper hand."
Ice Rage trailer
- Kinectimals by Microsoft (Games, Universal, $2.99): "This irresistible mobile experience gives you the chance to use your phone to visit the island of Lemuria and play with, care for and fall in love with your very own cub. Bring your pet with you wherever you go! If you’ve already experienced Kinectimals on Kinect for Xbox 360, your phone becomes the key to unlocking five new cubs on your console. Stand-alone mobile game features Kinectimals’ signature visual quality, delightful animation and brand new ways to play with your cub!"
- Mad Tracks by Namco Networks (Games, Universal, FREE): "Start your engines and the party with MAD TRACKS, a mobile adaptation of the console hit. Zoom through super sized 3D environments jam-packed with special power-ups against up to 3 other players in real-time. Compete in a mad dash to the finish or battle it out in one of the many mini-games and challenges."
- Marathon 2: Durandal by Bungie (Games, Universal, FREE): "Seventeen years have passed since you saved humanity from the Pfhor... Durandal, the only surviving artificial intelligence from the UESC Marathon, has kept you in statis all this time. Once more, you are called on to save humanity. Leading a rag-tag band of humans and guided by an insane AI, you are the last hope to stave off the Pfhor invasion. Welcome to Marathon 2: Durandal, the second in the epic trilogy of first person shooter games that re-defined the genre. Experience the pulse-pounding action as you once again defend humanity from the alien Pfhor."
- Mini Pets by Miniclip (Games, Universal, FREE): "This new game by Miniclip lets you shelter the cutest animals on earth. Give them the best accommodations around, watch them fall in love and welcome their babies!"
- Monopoly by Electronic Arts (Games, Mac, $9.99): "Watch MONOPOLY come to life on your Mac with sensational graphic quality, whimsical music and realistic sound effects."
- NBA Jam by EA Sports by Electronic Arts (Games, Mac, $9.99): "BOOMSHAKALAKA! Rock your Mac with over-the-top, high-flying, 2-on-2 arcade basketball action – just like you remember it. Go to the hole. Go strong. Go for the monster jam!"
- Nowbox by Pipely (Entertainment, iPad, FREE): "NOWBOX is your personalized TV guide to the best of YouTube videos through your iPad. Connect your iPad through AirPlay and turn your NOWBOX into a continuous video viewing experience on your TV. Subscribe to a multitude of channels and scroll through the channels. Just like a TV guide, except it’s personalized and organized according to your favorite channels."
- Real Soccer 2012 by Gameloft (Games, Universal, FREE): "Real Soccer is back for the new season, bringing soccer on mobile to a new era! Join the community of fans as you create and share content with the Custom Kit Editor. And experience the ultimate soccer game on the App Store thanks to many major improvements and the addition of the most complete and enjoyable community-oriented features."
Real Soccer 2012
- Reckless Getaway by Polarbit (Games, Mac, $3.99): "Who’d a thought robbing the bank would be the easy part? Now comes the real challenge – to escape with your hard-earned loot having the fuzz hot at your heels! Weave in and out of oncoming traffic; dodge, outrun or ram pursuing police cars and just generally crash, smash and thrash your way through 16 varied levels."
- Roku by Roku Inc. (Utilities, iPhone, FREE): "Turn your iOS device into a control center for your Roku streaming player. Launch channels, use your phone as a remote and find new channels to watch."
- Save the Furries by Bulkypix (Games, iPhone, $3.99): "Help Save the Furries across 60 levels in this puzzle-adventure! Furries are cute green creatures that like to visit strange planets and then stroll about oblivious to the dangers around them."
Save the Furries trailer
- SkyDrive (by Microsoft (Productivity, iPhone, FREE): "SkyDrive from Microsoft is the place to store your files so you can access them from virtually any device. With SkyDrive for the iPhone, you can now easily access, manage and share files on the go. You can also upload photos or videos from your iPhone to SkyDrive."
- Social Girl by Crowdstar (Games, Universal, FREE): "From the makers of TOP GIRL comes another incredible ALL NEW game -- SOCIAL GIRL!
Love being taken out on dates? Is fashion your thing? Do other girls envy your life?
Join the Social Girl crowd! Go on the HOTTEST dates, Befriend the COOLEST cliques, and shop for the TRENDIEST clothes! It’s all about getting more friends, showing off your personal style and being pampered by your boyfriend – so do it all and unlock new features to become the most popular SOCIAL GIRL around!"
- Sonic CD by Sega (Games, Universal, $1.99): "It’s time to usher the past into the future in this enhanced recreation of Sonic CD! Sonic travels to the distant shores of Never Lake for the once-a-year appearance of Little Planet - a mysterious world where past, present, and future collide through the power of the Time Stones that lie hidden within it. Sonic arrives only to find the once beautiful world imprisoned beneath a twisted metallic shell. His arch-nemesis, Dr. Eggman, has come for the Time Stones and with them, will soon have the power to control time itself! In order to put an end to Dr. Eggman’s nefarious schemes, Sonic must use the power of Little Planet to travel through time; breaking Dr. Eggman’s hold over the future by destroying his machines in the past and recovering the missing Time Stones!"
Sonic CD trailer
- Stardom: The A-List by Glu Games (Games, Universal, FREE): "Can you reach the A-List? Schmooze, flirt, lie, fight – and maybe even work – your way to STARDOM!
From getting off the bus as a nobody to accepting an award as an international superstar, get rich and famous by starring in movies and TV shows and winning over fans. Customize your star look with the latest styles and hottest accessories! Hollywood in your hands – complete with exclusive clubs, upscale restaurants, movie studios and more. Work on-set to earn a 5-star performance, rave reviews, and more fans Date and dump celebrities, party at the best venues, and live it up in a luxury home with your exotic pets"
Stardom: The A-List
Star Wars: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key
by Electronic Arts (Utilities, iPhone, FREE): "Keep your STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ account protected with the official STAR WARS: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key app for your iPhone and iPod Touch! The STAR WARS: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key app is an optional program that will allow you to apply an additional layer of protection to your STAR WARS: The Old Republic account by generating a unique, one-time passcode that you can use in addition to your regular password."
- The Adventures of Tintin - The Game by Gameloft (Games, Universal, $6.99): "Explore the exciting world of The Adventures of Tintin™ in the official iPhone & iPad game of the movie! Treasure and adventure await those who seek to unravel the Secret of the Unicorn!"
The Adventures of Tintin trailer
- The Sims FreePlay by Electronic Arts (Games, Universal, FREE): "LIVE FREE! From the creators of The Sims™ 3 series of best-selling iPhone games, comes an ALL-NEW Sims experience that you can play for FREE on iPhone and iPad!"
- Toy Shot by Gamevil (Games, iPhone, $0.99): "In the peaceful land of Toy Kingdom, the rebel army who called themselves as the Undead Warriors devised a deadly plan to spread violence across the nation. They kidnapped the lovely princess and killed those who dared to rescue her. Now, the Hero is the only one that remains for the rescue."
Toy Shot trailer
- Trenches II by Electronic Arts (Games, iPhone, $1.99): "DIG FOR VICTORY! TRENCHES II wants you to join the fight – on iPad! Wage a bigger, more dangerous world war, as new nations join the struggle. Fight an epic campaign through an expanded world map. Engage the enemy in more realistic, treacherous battlefields. And defeat foes with new devastating artillery and elite forces." iPad version also available for $2.99.
Trenches II trailer
- Venture Towns by Kairosoft (Games, iPhone, $2.99): "Stores, houses, mansions--towers! The sky's the limit as you fashion your humble burg into the world's most powerful fiscal force! Place compatible structures near each other to craft specialty districts or "combos," adding flavor to your town while reaping big bonuses and boosting Land Price!"
- Wind Up Robots by Soma Games (Games, Universal, $0.99): "From giant B-Movie robots, iron giants and beeping droids, robots captivate our hearts. Part imaginary friend part tin man they fill our dreams. For Zach though they stand between peaceful slumber and the nightmares that have haunted him since his birth. Enter the world of Wind Up Robots where the battlefield is the dreamscape of a boy with a powerful destiny."
Wind Up Robots trailer
If we didn’t list an app you think should have been mentioned, write about it below in the DISQUS section. Also tell us which app you think will be the biggest success and which one will be the biggest fail?
* Best NEW iPhone, iPad & Mac Apps Released Week Of 12/5 - 12/9
* Best NEW iPhone, iPad & Mac Apps Released In November 2011
To see other “Best NEW iPhone, iPad & Mac Apps Released Week Of…” postings, click here
Note: You should verify app price and information in App Store before downloading or purchasing any app.