The Photo Shake Free app allows you to test out your photo editing skills in a simple and quick way where you’ll end up with a really fun photo collage you can share with friends and family.
Photo editing 101
When I first launched the app I found it a bit frustrating because of the pop-ups but the good news is that once they’re out of the way you’re ready to start having fun with your photos. I gave the app permission to use my Camera Roll, plus you can also take photos straight from within the app.
Basically the way it works is that the free version allows you to create a photo collage of up to four photos. If you choose to upgrade to the full version of the app you’ll be able to use up to eight photos in each collage.
The editing process is simple, smooth, and fast. Pick the photos you want and then you can apply a frame, texture, color, and even text. What’s cool is that once you pick your photos you just shake your device to keep changing the layout of the collage. Shake until you find a layout you like and then carry on to the personalization tools mentioned above.
I used photos from my Camera Roll and the entire process from start to finish was just over a minute long and it was so incredibly easy. I was also really happy with my results and was quite surprised at just how professional it looked.
If you purchase the full version you'll have access to more frames, patterns, filters, stickers, and more.
Sharing your creations
Of course what good is making these wonderful collages if you can’t share them with friends and family, right? This app lets you share to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and by email. You can also save it to your Photo Album, print, and copy it.
Pros and Cons
- Quick, simple, and smooth process from start to finish
- The ability to personalize and edit your creations
- Share your creations through social networks, print, and save it
- Use the built-in camera in the app or use photos in your Camera Roll
- There are an awful lot of pop-ups in this app that do tend to get annoying and rather cumbersome since they pop up pretty often
- There aren’t tons of editing options and features
- You may have to shake the device several times before you find a layout you like
- If you want full access to all the features you’ll need to purchase the full version of the app
Keep on Shaking
I had a lot of fun with this app and after testing it out and writing the review I found myself going back to it to use on a regular basis. I loved how easy and quick it was and the fact that I could share to all my social networks was great. This one is a keeper for me.