October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. However, it's best to stay informed, check your health and support this great cause year round.
The best iPhone and iPad apps for breast cancer awareness
21 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
OWise, a breast cancer support app is the multi-award-winning health app that helps you to regain control of your life from the first day of a breast cancer diagnosis. This cancer awareness app gives you personalized, safe, reliable and credible information as well as practical support and guidance, in one easy-to-view place. Used by thousands of breast cancer patients before you, OWise is designed by health professionals and has demonstrated it can improve the communication with your healthcare providers.
- Easy-to-see overview of your treatment plan.
- View and keep track of your upcoming appointments.
- Record conversations with your doctor and store private photos in the lockable diary.
- Make notes related to your breast cancer in the app.
- Access all your information related to your breast cancer on your smartphone, tablet or computer – on the go or at home.
When you are living with Breast Cancer, the Breast Cancer Manager can help you manage the symptoms that affect you every day. Studies show that people with chronic diseases can positively affect their lives by using @Point of Care apps to track pain, medications, and more—giving a sense of control over their conditions.
Track your progress and symptoms by filling in the daily journal with its sliders and buttons and watch your data transform into easy-to-read charts
Manage your medications and treatments, including reminders
Use the photo upload feature to share visible symptoms with care providers
Connect to care providers so they can monitor your progress between visits and better understand how your condition is affecting you
Becca provides support and inspiration to help you to live well after breast cancer.
Get daily support, tips and guides to help you move forward after breast cancer. Real-life stories highlight common concerns that people recovering after breast cancer treatment may experience. From side-effects, menopausal symptoms and fatigue, to diet, exercise and body image and more!
- Every day you’ll receive five personalised flashcards with hints, tips, information and blog posts to support you as you move forward after cancer treatment.
- Save favourite cards so you can read them later.
- Reach out and get help from our community of thousands, as well as from our team of specialists.
- Becca has been developed by Breast Cancer Now, the largest UK-wide charity providing world-class research and life-changing support for anyone affected by breast cancer.
This app serves as a reference guide which contains all the terms you'll come across in the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Reference app review
- Useful resources for breast cancer
- Educates you about what you need to know about breast cancer
- Complete glossary
- Functional dictionary
- Intuitive interface
In-depth tutorial of self-checks and much more is packaged within this app. iBreastCheck app review
- Useful tutorial
- Accurate depictions of self-breast examination
- Set your own reminders
- Daily risk reports
- Decreases risk of getting breast cancer
If you've been diagnosed with cancer, this app is a must-have as it'll bring you tools that enable you to manage your cancer treatment and care.
- From the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Guide to 120 types of cancer
- Keep track of questions you wish to ask
- Voice-recording abilities
- Save prescription information