October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. However, it's best to stay informed, check your health and support this great cause year round.
The best iPhone and iPad apps for breast cancer awareness
19 Sep 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
My Breast Cancer Coach, the iPhone app for breast cancer awareness is a free mobile app developed in partnership with Breastcancer.org. The Breast Cancer Coach app provides information about personalized cancer treatments to help manage your cancer’s progression. Questions about your stage of cancer? Should you get surgery? Is radiation necessary? Do you need chemotherapy? Is your cancer metastatic? My Breast Cancer Coach provides easy-to-understand treatment information for breast cancer patients and their caregivers.
- Questionnaire and personalized treatment guide
- Questions to ask your doctor
- Videos and other helpful resources such as links to patient advocacy websites
- Easy-to-update journal with photo and audio-recording entry options
- Calendar to help keep track of doctor appointments, support group meetings, and other important dates
- Glossary of common terms
The iPhone support app for breast cancer is created for you not to feel alone with breast cancer. You’re not alone, even if living with breast cancer sometimes makes it seem that way. There’s a whole world of people living with breast cancer just like you, waiting to connect and lend support. Whether you’re newly diagnosed or a long-time thriver, you can meet others who understand exactly what you’re going through because they’ve been there too. The Cancer Healthline allows you to:
- Browse member profiles and request to connect with anyone from our community, even instantly, with members listed as “Online now.”
- Access support with ease from your Members screen
- Search for conversations, members, and articles that can give you the information you’re seeking
- Stay informed about new treatments, what’s trending, and the latest in clinical trials
- Find ways to nurture your body, mind, and spirit for a new kind of support
OWise, a breast cancer support app is the multi-award-winning health app that helps you to regain control of your life from the first day of a breast cancer diagnosis. This cancer awareness app gives you personalized, safe, reliable and credible information as well as practical support and guidance, in one easy-to-view place. Used by thousands of breast cancer patients before you, OWise is designed by health professionals and has demonstrated it can improve the communication with your healthcare providers.
- Easy-to-see overview of your treatment plan.
- View and keep track of your upcoming appointments.
- Record conversations with your doctor and store private photos in the lockable diary.
- Make notes related to your breast cancer in the app.
- Access all your information related to your breast cancer on your smartphone, tablet or computer – on the go or at home.
When you are living with Breast Cancer, the Breast Cancer Manager can help you manage the symptoms that affect you every day. Studies show that people with chronic diseases can positively affect their lives by using @Point of Care apps to track pain, medications, and more—giving a sense of control over their conditions.
Track your progress and symptoms by filling in the daily journal with its sliders and buttons and watch your data transform into easy-to-read charts
Manage your medications and treatments, including reminders
Use the photo upload feature to share visible symptoms with care providers
Connect to care providers so they can monitor your progress between visits and better understand how your condition is affecting you
Becca provides support and inspiration to help you to live well after breast cancer.
Get daily support, tips and guides to help you move forward after breast cancer. Real-life stories highlight common concerns that people recovering after breast cancer treatment may experience. From side-effects, menopausal symptoms and fatigue, to diet, exercise and body image and more!
- Every day you’ll receive five personalised flashcards with hints, tips, information and blog posts to support you as you move forward after cancer treatment.
- Save favourite cards so you can read them later.
- Reach out and get help from our community of thousands, as well as from our team of specialists.
- Becca has been developed by Breast Cancer Now, the largest UK-wide charity providing world-class research and life-changing support for anyone affected by breast cancer.
In-depth tutorial of self-checks and much more is packaged within this app. iBreastCheck app review
- Useful tutorial
- Accurate depictions of self-breast examination
- Set your own reminders
- Daily risk reports
- Decreases risk of getting breast cancer
If you've been diagnosed with cancer, this app is a must-have as it'll bring you tools that enable you to manage your cancer treatment and care.
- From the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Guide to 120 types of cancer
- Keep track of questions you wish to ask
- Voice-recording abilities
- Save prescription information